BOMA Grill Buffet Restaurant provides a refreshing change to both international tourists & South African diners. The venue is set in tranquil, lush surroundings with spectacular ethnic interiors. When combined with a warm, relaxed atmosphere, friendly service and a truly world class, perfectly prepared buffet, this exceptional experience ensures that every diner leaves BOMA with a smile! The famous shebeen, with its beer, wine and soda fountain, has been re-introduced due to overwhelming public demand.
Why limit oneself to a speciality restaurant offering only Chinese, Portuguese, Italian dishes or steaks when you can sample over 140 exciting dishes? BOMA offers a spectacular buffet with choices ranging from traditional South African favourites to exotic dishes from the far corners of the globe. Quality is exceptional, the per-head price very reasonable and the choice is staggering!
Starters include the crispest salads, superb cold cuts, pates, snails & mussels accompanied by garlic rolls and the freshest breads.
A variety of Italian pasta dishes nudge fragrant curries and casseroles. The Volkskombuis groans with potjies laden with Tomato Bredie, Ostrich Bredie and other traditional dishes.
Friendly grillers will whip up a stir-fry with your choice of ingredients – top quality vegetables, chicken, calamari, beef or lamb strips – even the choice of sauces is enormous!
Are you partial to fried or grilled fish? Perhaps you'd prefer a stack of perfect pink prawns? Maybe a rack of glazed ribs? A full carvery offers tried-and-true roasts such as beef, succulent pork crusted with crackling, golden chicken and aromatic garlic and rosemary lamb. These are accompanied by your choice of traditional vegetables, including crisp, roast potatoes and a selection of gravies & sauces.
An extensive dessert area includes beautifully displayed hot and cold puddings, tarts, profit roles & pastries with sauces, custard, cream & ice cream.
In short, BOMA Grill Buffet Restaurant offers something for even the most discerning diner.
BOMA Alberton is divided into separate sections. An intimate atmosphere is created, and although BOMA seats 500 guests, it's suitable for celebrations of any size.
Wedding receptions are made all the more memorable by our experienced staff who will take care of your every need, leaving you free to enjoy your celebration as much as your guests – and to take all the credit! For a private function, the Lapa is a perfect venue; It has its own private bar, dance floor, separate buffet & seats 110 guests.
The chapel is a rustic wood and thatched chapel with a bird's eye view of Alberton & far beyond, the Royal Boma chapel captures the essence of romance! Perched on a hilltop, the chapel is surrounded by rock & water features, manicured gardens & natural bushveld. It is hard to believe that it is five minutes from the city centre! The chapel seats 80 guests, perfect for a truly unique wedding.
The Boma Conference centre is ideally situated in a prime position for both corporate & private sector. It offers quick & easy access from the greater JHB major highways, key business destinations & service facilities and is just 25min drive from JHB International Airport.
The Boma boasts four modern, quality conference rooms that can be utilised for events such as day conferences, functions, seminars, product launches, exhibitions, workshops and meetings. These rooms provide stylish comfort and are fully equipped with standard conference equipment, providing a guest potential of between 10 and 230 delegates. All the venues are air-conditioned and have a variety of attractive packages to suit all your requirements.
Our facilities include The Boma Grill Buffet which seats up to 450 guests.
The Royal Boma Restaurant in Alberton is situated on the corner of Ring Road West and Fore Street. From Ring Road West turn Right into Fore St and the Boma can be found on the left. See map under contact details.
Open times :
Monday - Sunday:
Lunch: 12:00 - 15:00
Dinner: 17:00 - 23:00
Local Surrounding Map
Galleries / Photos (5)
The Boma is available in the following:
- TheatreJohannesburg Theatre Reviews and Comments of local Theatre Businesses
- Outside sectionJohannesburg Outside section Reviews and Comments of local Outside section Companies
- ConferencesJohannesburg Conferences Reviews and Comments of local Conferences Businesses
- Smoking sectionJohannesburg Smoking section Reviews and Comments of local Smoking section Companies
- WeddingsJohannesburg Weddings Reviews and Comments of local Weddings Businesses
- Secure ParkingJohannesburg Secure Parking Comments and Reviews of local Secure Parking Companies
- RestaurantsJohannesburg Restaurants Comments and Reviews of local Restaurants Companies
- TV/SportsJohannesburg TV/Sports Comments and Reviews of local TV/Sports Companies
- BuffetJohannesburg Buffet Reviews and Comments of local Buffet Businesses
- FunctionsJohannesburg Functions Reviews and Comments of local Functions Businesses
- CountryJohannesburg Country Reviews and Comments of local Country Businesses
- Wheelchair AccessJohannesburg Wheelchair Access Reviews and Comments of local Wheelchair Access Companies
- GameJohannesburg Game Reviews and Comments of local Game Companies
- CasualJohannesburg Casual Reviews and Comments of local Casual Businesses
- AfricanJohannesburg African Comments and Reviews of local African Companies
- GrillsJohannesburg Grills Comments and Reviews of local Grills Companies
- South AfricanJohannesburg South African Reviews and Comments of local South African Businesses
- TraditionalJohannesburg Traditional Reviews and Comments of local Traditional Businesses
- 300+ PeopleJohannesburg 300+ People Reviews and Comments of local 300+ People Businesses
- Dine and DanceJohannesburg Dine and Dance Comments and Reviews of local Dine and Dance Businesses
- FamilyJohannesburg Family Reviews and Comments of local Family Companies
- RelaxedJohannesburg Relaxed Comments and Reviews of local Relaxed Companies
- 125+Johannesburg 125+ Reviews and Comments of local 125+ Companies
The Boma Reviews & Comments