Lunch might be over when the distant orange-pink mountains change hue. But that doesn't mean you have to leave.
Take a seat on a sunny wooden deck that reaches right into the vines. Sip a crisp glassful of fine estate wine and redefine the concept of a picnic. Every gourmet parcel unwraps new delights. In winter, the fare is hot and hearty – home-cooked soups, traditional curries and steaks. Children also have a menu to keep them satisfied. The Restaurant in the Vines can be booked for special functions and the separate dining room in the cellar is ideal for private groups.
Rickety Bridge is an enchanting Franschhoek wine estate that earns its place in the Cape's cuisine capital. Taste our celebrated wines on leather fireside couches. Stay over in one of the luxurious Manor House rooms, embraced in two centuries of history, and discover one certainty. During every moment spent on this side of the bridge, you won't want to be anywhere else in the world.
Weddings at Rickety Bridge Winery
Much of the success of your most beautiful day depends on the atmosphere and the surroundings in which the ceremony and reception are held. You will find the very special ambience of Rickety Bridge Winery the ideal environment for your wedding day.
Up to 85 wedding guests can dine in comfort and style in our banqueting hall. The hall is adjacent to the dance floor, a cosy bar area and a private VIP loft lounge. The mood is one of understated elegance, unobtrusive service and jovial company in a superb setting. The venue hire fee includes our tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery, tablecloths, linen serviettes, glasses, ice and the services of a team of experienced waitrons.
Should you wish to hold your ceremony at Rickety Bridge Winery, it will be our pleasure to welcome you to our “chapel”, which seats 85 people. The “chapel” is a room adjacent to the banqueting hall; it has been especially prepared to accommodate ceremonies. You may also choose to have the ceremony performed in a gazebo in the beautiful garden setting.
An outdoor wedding becomes a grand alfresco affair in our garden. The views across the vineyards against a backdrop of mountains will lend an air of splendour to the occasion. To host your reception or ceremony in these superb surroundings, where we can cater for a much larger number of guests. You would also have the option to utilize a marquee that we will gladly arrange for you. The cost of hiring a marquee would depend on the size, style and decorations due to the fact that it is an out-sourced service.
Conference & Banquet Facilities at Rickety Bridge Winery
Our venue is fully air-conditioned, has a bar on site, a verandah adjacent to the vineyards where you can have your meal or smoke breaks and a loft lounge and elevated area that can be cordoned off for break-away rooms. There is ample parking on the grounds.
Our facility includes all seating (with or without chair covers), linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware, mints, water, cordials and bar and service staff.
Seating can be arranged in any format to suit the needs of your conference.
Our capacity is as follows:
Cinema – 90 PAX
U-shaped – 60 PAX
Board room – 40 PAX
School room – 40 PAX
R45 to Franschhoek.
Open times :
Mon - Sun
Lunch 11am - 5pm
Local Surrounding Map
Galleries / Photos (5)
Restaurant in the Vines is available in the following:
- ConferencesFranschhoek Conferences Reviews and Comments of local Conferences Companies
- FunctionsFranschhoek Functions Reviews and Comments of local Functions Companies
- WeddingsFranschhoek Weddings Reviews and Comments of local Weddings Companies
- ChildrenFranschhoek Children Comments and Reviews of local Children Businesses
- RestaurantsFranschhoek Restaurants Reviews and Comments of local Restaurants Companies
- Wheelchair AccessFranschhoek Wheelchair Access Comments and Reviews of local Wheelchair Access Businesses
- CountryFranschhoek Country Comments and Reviews of local Country Companies
- Light MealsFranschhoek Light Meals Comments and Reviews of local Light Meals Businesses
- PicnicsFranschhoek Picnics Reviews and Comments of local Picnics Businesses
- 80+ PeopleFranschhoek 80+ People Comments and Reviews of local 80+ People Companies
- RomanticFranschhoek Romantic Reviews and Comments of local Romantic Businesses
- QuietFranschhoek Quiet Comments and Reviews of local Quiet Companies
- FamilyFranschhoek Family Comments and Reviews of local Family Companies
- RelaxedFranschhoek Relaxed Reviews and Comments of local Relaxed Companies
- Wine FarmFranschhoek Wine Farm Reviews and Comments of local Wine Farm Businesses
- Childrens MenuFranschhoek Childrens Menu Reviews and Comments of local Childrens Menu Companies
- Outside sectionFranschhoek Outside section Comments and Reviews of local Outside section Companies
- Smoking sectionFranschhoek Smoking section Reviews and Comments of local Smoking section Businesses
- Secure ParkingFranschhoek Secure Parking Reviews and Comments of local Secure Parking Businesses
Restaurant in the Vines Reviews & Comments